Exceptional Family Member Program
What is the EFMP?
The EFMP is a program offered by each service to support families with special medical and educational needs throughout the service member’s career. Family members should enroll in EFMP when a qualifying condition is diagnosed. Each branch has its own EFMP and enrollment process.
EFMP family support services are available at your installation. The family support services team is your main point of contact for EFMP information.
They can connect you with:
- Military Support Services and Resources
- Community Support Services and Resources
The family support services team can also answer specific EFMP questions based on your branch or installation.
Military One Source
Visit the Special Needs Resources
page on Military One Source
for more information about the EFMP.
Contact a Representative
To find an EFMP representative, visit the Military Installations website.
If you are overseas, contact the TRICARE Area Office Director at 1-888-777-8343 and choose the menu option for your overseas area.
PCSing Soon? Here’s What You Need to Know
Complete the Travel Screening Questionnaire (TSQ) in MyVector
- Link for the TSQ will be sent out 8 months prior to your RNLTD or if RNLTD is sooner, it will load immediately
- Single with no dependents – NO NEED for FMTS. Please email the EFMP org box stating that you are single with no dependents for clearance on vMPF
- Contact your LOSING EFMP OFFICE for status updates or any other questions/concerns regarding your application
- Please send all inquiries about EFMP enrollment/disenrollment, EFMP reassignment, Command Sponsorship, or to schedule an appointment with our staff to the EFMP organizational box